How to Perfect Your Hand at fashion Photography
Do you want to try out fashion photography? Believed to be one of the most glamorous professions in the world, fashion photography has many takers who want to take up this profession.
However it is not as easy as it sounds, because you need to get some serious training done from the advanced photography classes in delhi which in turn will introduce you to the basics of this line of work which you have to know if you want to do this professionally. Here are some basic tips that you can follow when you are aspiring to become a fashion photographer:
- The first and the most important thing that you will have to do is build a great rapport with your model. Your model has to know you and be comfortable with you or else they will not be comfortable posing for you in the camera. It is thus essential that when you are trying out fashion photography, especially with a novice model, you will have to get them to trust you and communicate with you in between the shots. This way you will get the perfect shot and your model will also get a nice shot.
- Take care of the hands. The most awkward part are the hands because people simply do not know what to do with them. Suppose you are shooting for a lip colour or eye shadow, where the focus area of the model is the face, then you can bring the model to rest the hands on the face in such a manner so that it does not cover the face but highlights just the right aspects that you need for the shoot. If you want a full shot, then you can always give the model something to hold or somewhere to rest their hands, so that they do not look or feel awkward. Avoid hands on the hips, because they have become too cliché.
- The focus is on the model, on the clothes, on the makeup- basically everything that the model is carrying. Your background will be such so that it helps in highlighting the model. Do not opt for backgrounds which are too jarring and will take the focus on itself and steal it away from the model. You need to know which background to use when for which training at a photography academy in delhi will do you good.
- Pay attention to the colour of the dress or outfit of your model. Just because it is looking good in the naked eye, does not mean it will look good on camera as well. Try to learn to see the image through your eyes like a camera in order to understand the right use of colour.
- You will not always get the perfect shot at one go. So you need to keep clicking and with a fast shutter speed so that you can capture the right moment without any delay. This is essential if you are taking pictures on the runway or trying to capture candid expressions.
So these are some really important pointers that will help you to nail fashion photography like never before!